My name is Marie Thomasulo and I currently hold a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education from Nazareth College along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from SUNY Brockport College. This is my fifth year at Seton, and I am thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful school again this year. Prior to coming to Seton, I have had many years of extensive classroom teaching experiences. I have a strong passion to nurture and educate young minds to help them grow into successful individuals. One of my greatest strengths is bringing a hands-on approach to learning within the classroom through creative and stimulating lesson plans.
Personal Educational Philosophy:
My goal as a teacher is to educate, motivate and to inspire each child that walks into my classroom. As a teacher, my main focus is always the children. Developing their passion for learning by using my enthusiasm to spark their curiosity and sculpt their minds to reach their full potential. I teach because I am able to touch so many different lives in so many different ways, emotionally and educationally.
Belief’s About Teaching and Learning:
• A classroom where mistakes are treated as opportunities for exploration.
• A classroom where students are taught about different perspectives.
• A classroom where there is a clear classroom management plan with clear positive expectations.
• I believe it is important to have a positive atmosphere to allow children to feel as if they are a part of the learning process.
• An emphasis on compassion and respect, with a can-do learning environment.
• I believe in using differentiated instruction. Providing the students with more than one way of learning to understand that there is more than one way to find a solution.
• I believe in building a positive student-teacher relationship.
• I believe as a teacher you have the opportunity to challenge students and their abilities. In return, they can have different approaches to new things, and be able to use their critical thinking to solve matters in different ways.
• I belief as a teacher I have the ability to demonstrate confidence and teaching children to have the same confidence